You will have experience of working as a Product Designer, ideally within a SaaS company. You will be data-driven but a passionate advocate of the end user, enjoy working collaboratively and communicating daily with others in the team and sweating the details that need to be considered to create a solution that delights as much as it is usable.
Above all, you will be motivated to work as part of an agile product development team, committed to finding the best way to develop the product to help solve customer problems and meet their needs.
About this role
The Product Designer will work closely with the Product Manager to understand business priorities, goals and the vision. The role is key to bringing the product to life through prototypes and mockups to validate the thinking with customers and end users. The Product Designer will also have a hands-on role in creating high fidelity designs and the details needed for the developers to translate these into the final solutions.
- Working with our developers, and Product Manager to design the best solution
- Create wireframes, mock-ups, or prototypes to help ideate and communicate solutions, both within our team and with external clients and end-users
- Conduct user research
- Conduct user testing
- Create design documentation
- Contribute to our design system and documentation
- Clarify details required during implementation with development
- Write product micro-copy
- Identify product design trends and solutions as input into product direction
- Ensure our products continue to be easy to use, delightful and accessible.
Required skills and experience
- At least 3 years of experience designing user interfaces, flows, and interactions for web applications
- Excellent visual design skills and an eye for hierarchy, composition, and information design
- Excellent spoken and written English language communication skills
- Experience creating accessible design solutions
- Experience with Figma and/or Adobe XD
- Experience applying UX research techniques and tools
- Experience of working with a design system
- Experience working as part of an agile product development team
- Experience designing for B2B SaaS solutions
- Experience designing for other HR, Learning or education solutions
- Experience with UX writing
- Agility – always learning and adapting 2. Diversity – celebrating differences in people and perspectives 3. People – value and respect each other 4. Creativity – innovating with technology and design 5. Heart – making a difference to our clients and wider society
5App has an innovative start-up culture and a friendly sociable team. We pay competitive salaries based on experience and offer flexible working hours for all staff, including an early finish on a Friday afternoon.
We have transitioned away from our London office to a fully remote working from home model for the foreseeable future, while we make plans for our new workplace in central London. When we do go back to having an office we expect to work from home for 2-3 days per week.
How to apply
If you feel you could be a good match for this role and are interested to find out more, please email your CV and a cover letter. At 5App, we value attitude and cultural fit as well as skills and experience – if there’s any aspect of 5App or the job requirements you’re not sure about, please don’t hesitate to ask us questions before applying.
Our culture is defined by our people. In the 5App team, we truly value each other, and this means making sure every team member can thrive and feel encouraged and celebrated.
Inclusive recruitment processes are not only vital for business success, it’s an important part of our role in society. We’re working to create an environment that is friendly and inclusive for everyone – and we understand that it’s an ongoing process. We welcome applications from all kinds of people, particularly those currently underrepresented in the tech sector.
If you choose to apply for this role, we won’t discriminate against you on the basis of sexual orientation, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, religion or disability.