To improve the workflows of our customers, by designing and building outstanding intuitive interfaces for our next generation learning and communications platform.
Take ownership and focus on excellence, from planning, technical development, testing and deployment of features.
Share your skills, communicate with the team your learnings, peer review code and compliment our processes and best practices.
You’re good at…
- Structuring your code, creating great component or hook APIs that enable composition and re-use of code, for a consistent user experience, as well as a great developer experience. Working with a component library/design system and contributing to its content and documentation.
- Communicating, able to explain complex technical concepts in a way that everyone can understand. Whilst working collaboratively within a multi-skilled team.
- Creating high quality maintainable code. Experienced with linters, TDD, stubbers and mocks. And testing frameworks Jest and Cypress.
- You have a passion for developing great user interfaces, and making products which are a delight to use.
- You are highly motivated, proactive, self-starter. You can take a story of any size, either huge and daunting or small and boring, and execute it. You know and understand the value in breaking large tasks into smaller steps.
- You value Accessibility best practices, and know how to design and test the features you develop, against a range of impairments.
- You are comfortable with our development stack: Webpack, Docker Compose, NodeJS, MySQL.
- You have basic knowledge about security best practices, familiar with OWasp and GDPR.
- You have good verbal and written English language communication skills. And can communicate complex technical problems in documentation and in conversation.
5App has an innovative start-up culture and a friendly sociable team. We pay competitive salaries based on experience and offer flexible working hours for all staff, including an early finish on a Friday afternoon.
We have transitioned away from our London office to a fully remote working from home model for the foreseeable future, while we make plans for our new workplace in central London. When we do go back to having an office we expect to work from home for 2-3 days per week.
5App is a fast-growing SaaS company developing a powerful learning and communications hub used by organisations across the globe. We’ve partnered with global training firm Hemsley Fraser, nominated as a Top 20 global online learning library by the Training Industry, and gained huge traction in the market with a portfolio of global brands.
Now, we’re building a new client base and growing to meet demand, so it’s an exciting time to join our team. We have an innovative, start-up atmosphere and culture, with a friendly sociable team – and we can’t wait to hear from you.
- Agility – always learning and adapting 2. Diversity – celebrating differences in people and perspectives 3. People – value and respect each other 4. Creativity – innovating with technology and design 5. Heart – making a difference to our clients and wider society
How to apply
If you feel you could be a good match for this role and are interested to find out more, please email your CV and a cover letter. At 5App, we value attitude and cultural fit as well as skills and experience – if there’s any aspect of 5App or the job requirements you’re not sure about, please don’t hesitate to ask us questions before applying.
Our culture is defined by our people. In the 5App team, we truly value each other, and this means making sure every team member can thrive and feel encouraged and celebrated.
Inclusive recruitment processes are not only vital for business success, it’s an important part of our role in society. We’re working to create an environment that is friendly and inclusive for everyone – and we understand that it’s an ongoing process. We welcome applications from all kinds of people, particularly those currently underrepresented in the tech sector.
If you choose to apply for this role, we won’t discriminate against you on the basis of sexual orientation, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, religion or disability.