5App is a fast-growing SaaS company developing a powerful learning and communications platform (the 5App Hub), used by organisations across the globe. We’ve partnered with global training firm Hemsley Fraser, nominated as a Top 20 global online learning library by the Training Industry, and gained huge traction in the market with a portfolio of global brands.
Now, we’re building a new client base and growing to meet demand, so it’s an exciting time to join our team. We have an innovative, start-up atmosphere and culture, with a friendly sociable team – and we can’t wait to hear from you!
We’re looking for a Lead DevOps Engineer to join us on developing our learning platform and helping learners get a great experience, where ever they are in the world, which ever device they’re using.
You’ll take ownership of our deployment pipeline and expand our network to serve content to our global customers in the fastest time possible whilst maintaining integrity and reliability.
- Experience in a similar DevOps Engineering / Lead DevOps role
- Take charge and work autonomously
- Experience with AWS / Rackspace
- Good understanding of NodeJs
- Container deloyments, Docker, Docker Swarm or Kubernetes
- Linux Administration
- Continuous Deployment using tools such as Ansible
- Understanding of CDN’s and how to use them effectively.
- Log monitoring service such as Elk, Logstash
- Good verbal and written communication skills – you don’t shy away from writing technical requirements / documentation
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines in a real-time operational environment.
Any experience or exposure to OWASP, ISO27001, GDPR would be bonus.
5App has an innovative start-up culture and a friendly, sociable team. We pay competitive salaries based on experience and offer flexible working hours for all staff. We have transitioned away from our London office to a fully remote working from home model for the foreseeable future, while we make plans for a new and exciting workplace in central London.
How to apply
If you feel you could be a good match for this role and are interested to find out more, please email your CV and a cover letter. The interview process will start with an informal conversation about your relevant experience. At 5App, we value attitude and cultural fit as well as skills and experience – if there’s any aspect of 5App or the job requirements you’re not sure about, please don’t hesitate to ask us questions before applying.